Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mali Pictures! (and explanation & apology...)


Here are the Mali pictures I promised to post a long time ago. It was not that I was slacking. In fact the opposite it true. I have been working overtime to try and figure out what is wrong with my computer. I finally figured out that my problem is my computer but the proxy I must use to connect to the internet at school. It was causing the website script to not run properly. I am right now sitting in a little cafe Les Petites Delices paying to use their internet. I feel like I am in France and not Africa and it is great. Anyway, below you will find the posts that I wrote about my Mali trip as well as the past two weeks. It is a lot, sorry. I have a lot say, but in the words of Anne Shirley, "If only you knew all that I wanted to say and didn't, then you would at least give me some credit." My suggestion is break it up and read it a little bit at a time... maybe over your lunch breaks ;) Regardless, I am so happy to have finally figured out my problem was and to have discovered this little gem of a place that Mary Ellen and I went to this morning for omlettes. I ordered tea to drink while I am working here. It is some Russian blend and it is the best tea I have ever had, sweet not too sweet, fruity but too fruity and no unpleasant after taste. It's a real winner. Kind of like you.

I leave you with an amazing thought from the sermon I listened to this morning.

If you want to change the world around you, start with where you at.